- AV Preeminent® rating by Martindale-Hubbell, Highest Possible Peer Review Rating In Legal Ability & Ethical Standing
- American Institute of Legal Counsel, 10 Best Law Firms, exceptional and outstanding client services
- Corporate Counsel and The American Lawyer, Top Rated Trust and Estate Lawyer
• State Bar of Nevada – 1983 to present
• Washoe County Bar Association – 1983 to present
• Nevada Justice Association – 1983 to present
• American Association for Justice – past member
• National Lawyers Association – from inception to present
• Probate Bar Association of Washoe County – from inception to present
• Estate Planning Council of Northern Nevada – from inception to present
• Past President, Estate Planning Council of Northern Nevada
• Professional Advisor, Community Foundation of Northern Nevada
• Nevada State Bar – Tax Law Section, and Probate and Trust Law Section
• Past Chair and Member of Legislative Committee Chamber of Commerce, Reno-Sparks of Northern Nevada WIN
" I had the opportunity to work and intern with Gordon a number of times before and during law school and in the years immediately following graduation. Gordon was the perfect mentor. He was kind, attentive, and deliberate. As a first-year law student, Gordon gave me the opportunity to draft legal briefs, attend depositions, and advise regarding litigation strategy.
I realize now, looking back that I didn’t have any business doing any of those things. Even so, Gordon took the time to invest in my education and future. I was, because of his mentorship more prepared for my first year of law school. I credit Gordon for giving me much of the confidence that I needed in those early days of my legal education.
Gordon is the consummate colleague and friend. While the former has come to end, the latter will always continue. I will always be grateful for my time with Gordon, and for the attention he paid a young and brash lawyer.
- Nathan R. Sumbot, General Counsel - EI.Ventures
" My financial planner from Merrill Lynch highly recommended Gordon Muir to create, implement and execute my personal estate plan to prevent and protect my assets from going to probate. Prior to consulting with Gordon, I was very impressed reading his biography online of his educational accomplishments, achievements and experiences related to estate planning and wills. Upon our arrival, the office staff was exceptionally welcoming, kind, and professional throughout the entire planning process. I have been refraining from completing my estate plan in anticipating the painful long process. Surprisingly the process was very simple, pleasant, and quick thanks to Gordon’s expertise and very efficient staff members. Completing my estate plan has lifted my burdens, gave me peace of mind, and protects my family from any legal issues after my passing. I would highly recommend Gordon Muir for any estate planning, wills or other legal transactions you might need.
- Julie Shoemaker
" Mr. Muir was very thorough, answered all our questions and took time with us to make sure we understood everything. His receptionist Janet was very nice and helpful as well. I would highly recommend Hawkins Folsom & Muir.
- Maureen Turgeon
" This firm specializes in Trusts. They are efficient, professional, meticulous, respectful, and helpful. Located off a quiet street with a private entrance and plenty of parking. Highly recommend.
" For more than 25 years I have used Gordon Muir of Hawkins Folsom & Muir for all of my estate planning needs. Mr. Muir and his staff are professional, fair, and extremely knowledgeable. Gordon’s expertise has given me confidence and peace of mind that all of my estate planning including future tax ramifications are taken care of. I highly recommend Gordon Muir for all estate planning and tax strategy needs. Hawkins Folsom & Muir have far exceeded my expectations.
- Dr. Gerald Hansen, D.D.S.
" Mr. Muir, thank you for helping our family!
" … We highly recommend Gordon Muir for his legal services, and his prices were fair and reasonable.
" Thank you for taking so much of your precious time to help us understand a bit of the law. You can’t imagine how much we appreciate your kindness and sharing of your valuable expertise.
" … Mr. Muir, thank you for everything! You will never know how much we appreciate your time, kindness and expertise!
" Gordon Muir has been our Estate Attorney for the past 30 years. He has prepared our wills and created our Family Trust. He has taken care of our personal and financial situations as they have changed over the years. Mr. Muir has worked closely with us to make necessary changes. We appreciate his unique ability to listen and carry out our desires and with his extensive updated knowledge, training, and vast experience, he offers advice and suggestions that has given us such peace in these later years of life.
- Dr. and Mrs. Bud A. West
" Recently I needed to establish a family trust. Gordon Muir was highly recommended. Due to health restraints at the time, Gordon and his lovely wife Janet came to my home; I felt an immediate connection. The trust was completed that evening, and the process extremely professional and efficient. I feel fortunate to have Gordon handle my legal needs.
- Linda M. Jones